Join us for all of your favorite annual Wildlife Festival delights, and enjoy the new contests and activities we've added to make the 2015 line-up better than ever!
This year also marks the 30th Wildlife Festival at the Power Vista, and we’re commemorating the milestone with new features and attractions.
The 30th annual Wildlife Festival at NYPA’s Niagara Power Vista:
10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat. & Sun., September 26 & 27
Annual favorites also include: Wildlife Festival’s Kids Fishing Derby, the Primate Sanctuary with Carmen Presti, Nickel City Reptiles with Jeff Musial, Hawk Creek Wildlife Center, Skyhunters Birds of Prey, AWARE animal rehabilitation center, Buffalo Zoomobile, Shooting trailer, Fishing pond, Crossbow (age appropriate), Archery, Crafts, Safety identifications, Face painting, Rock climbing wall, Chainsaw art, Fishing demonstrations and more! See our brochure for more info.
Known as the Power Vista, the visitors center is located 4 miles downstream from Niagara Falls and it features more than 50 interactive exhibits and a new QR code tour. Call 866-NYPA-FUN (697-2386) for more information.
The annual Wildlife Festival at NYPA’s Hawkins Point Visitors Center:
10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, September 26
• World of Wildlife and Educational Encounters
(WOWEE) With Exotic and Endangered Animals
• Craft Projects • Reptiles Forever • Petting Zoo • Wagon Rides • Birds of Prey Presentations
• Chainsaw Carving • Movies & more!
The Frank S. McCullough, Jr. Hawkins Point Visitors Center and Boat Launch offers panoramic views of the St.
Lawrence River and state-of-the-art hands-on exhibits. We offer many opportunities to learn about energy in a fun setting. Our Community Room and Theater are also available to outside groups, and together can comfortably hold 100 people. Call 315-764-0226 for more information.
The annual Wildlife Festival at NYPA’s Blenheim-Gilboa Power Project Visitors Center:
10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, September 26
• Pony Rides and Petting Zoo • Food Vendors • Wagon Rides • Face Painting • Mr. Twisty • Photo Booth • Energy Expo • Bubbles by Jeff Boyer • Craft Tent • Mark Tyoe: Champion Chainsaw Sculptor • Mark Perpetua: Reptile Encounters • Mountain Breeze Minis • Wes Laraway: NY Wildlife Rescue • Rainforest Reptiles • Bossie Frog and Reptile Adventure
The Blenheim-Gilboa Power Project Visitors Center in North Blenheim, is located on the Schoharie Creek in the northern Catskill Mountains. Our admission-free visitors center is housed in a 19th century dairy barn! Call 800-724-0309 for more information.
NYPA's annual Wildlife Festival at the Utica Zoo on September 12 had something for everyone, including:
• Mark Tyoe: Champion Chainsaw Sculptor
• Magic Shows by Jim Okey • Local Vendors
• Face Painting by Coco and Smiley the Clowns
• Child ID Cards • Animal Shows • Food available from Voss’ @ the Zoo and more!
Follow NYPAenergy on...
Thank you - to the more than 30,000 visitors who joined us at our annual Wildlife Festivals in 2014! We look forward to welcoming even more guests this year!
Visit our Community page